Sync' - Synced
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Moving everything to reddit!
No music .iwds (deathrun) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 12:51 am by Dunciboy

» Got my driver license!
No music .iwds (deathrun) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 6:47 pm by Heist

» When do I get my VIP?
No music .iwds (deathrun) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 4:36 pm by Suroks

» Happy new year
No music .iwds (deathrun) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 11:31 pm by Hade$ :3

» Admin clean up
No music .iwds (deathrun) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:02 pm by Dunciboy

» Zombie server updated
No music .iwds (deathrun) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:00 pm by Dunciboy

» Deathrun Map:mp_Deathrun_water
No music .iwds (deathrun) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 9:12 pm by Ali Sajjad

» Searching active admins for zombie server
No music .iwds (deathrun) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 11:13 pm by Suroks

» CS:GO Zombie Escape server ready for public
No music .iwds (deathrun) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 11:28 pm by Dunciboy

No music .iwds (deathrun)

+2
Goat
Heist
6 posters

Go down

Your opinion?

No music .iwds (deathrun) I_vote_lcap18%No music .iwds (deathrun) I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
No music .iwds (deathrun) I_vote_lcap45%No music .iwds (deathrun) I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
No music .iwds (deathrun) I_vote_lcap36%No music .iwds (deathrun) I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

No music .iwds (deathrun) Empty No music .iwds (deathrun)

Post by Heist Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:10 pm

Hey,

I was thinking we should use braxi's no music .iwds because of the following reasons:

-Some music is terrible
I can't really go into further detail this.

-It greatly reduces the size of it which results in to a faster download
Music in a lot of maps take up A LOT of space, in my opinion it is too much. We may not even have to change the free run time because of this.

Here is the post about it.

This list shows how much the size is reduced after removing the music.(Please not e that some maps are not on the server itself, it's just an exampe)

• mp_deathrun_backlot.iwd : 13.6MB => 1.9MB
  • mp_deathrun_colourful.iwd : 7.6MB => 2.5MB
  • mp_deathrun_framey_v2.iwd : 8.1MB => 1.9MB
  • mp_deathrun_fusion.iwd : 15.2MB => 3.7MB
  • mp_deathrun_illusion.iwd : 25.4MB => 2.0MB
  • mp_deathrun_ponies.iwd : 15.5MB => 0.4MB
  • mp_deathrun_wipeout.iwd : 6.2MB => 0.7MB
  • mp_dr_apocalypse_v2.iwd : 39.3MB => 21.9MB
  • mp_dr_buggedlikehell.iwd : 24MB => 2.6MB
  • mp_dr_rock.iwd : 16MB => 3.6MB
  • mp_dr_skydeath.iwd : 25.1MB => 15.6MB

Ambient music will not be removed, for instance:
The Indiana Jones theme song on indipyramid, that's ambient, it suits the theme.

As braxi said players could play their own music with spotify, youtube if they want to listen to music.

What do you think?
Cast your vote in the poll, if you have other suggestions post them in the comment section.

Heist Smile
Heist
Heist

Registration date : 2013-06-03
Living place : Amsterdam

Back to top Go down

No music .iwds (deathrun) Empty Re: No music .iwds (deathrun)

Post by Goat Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:56 pm

no.
Goat
Goat

Registration date : 2013-06-15
Living place : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Post by Heist Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:38 pm

Goat, unless you have any useful comment explainging your point of views, don't post.
Heist
Heist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunciboy Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:12 am

No, why the hell is this in Announcements?
Dunciboy
Dunciboy

http://www.sync-gaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heist Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:48 am

Maybe because, it's quite important and wanted to make sure everyone saw it? Ever wondered about that?
Heist
Heist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunciboy Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Its not an announcement heist its a sugestion...
Dunciboy
Dunciboy

Back to top Go down

Post by vEEGAZ Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:23 pm

As I always play with my own music (excluding promod), definitely maps with no music for me
vEEGAZ
vEEGAZ

Registration date : 2013-06-23
Living place : Italy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heist Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:46 am

Dunciboy wrote:Its not an announcement heist its a sugestion...

Didn't know what -.- , I know it's a suggestion, but it's quite a big change to the server, and I'd like to know everyone's opinion about since not EVERYONE checks suggestions.
Heist
Heist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ukgamer Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:55 am

i kind of like the music in the game but it dose do my head in after a while hearing the same song over and over lol

Ukgamer

Registration date : 2013-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Goat Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:30 am

if people want to listen to there own music they can just turn the sound down in settings.if you remove the music from the maps you have a soundless map which is boring in my opinion and what about those people who cant listen to music and play the game at the same time they might get lag from youtube or fps drops from another music program i hope this comment was useful and or explains why i said no -sincerly Goat
Goat
Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Heist Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:30 am

Goat wrote:if people want to listen to there own music they can just turn the sound down in settings.if you remove the music from the maps you have a soundless map which is boring in my opinion and what about those people who cant listen to music and play the game at the same time they might get lag from youtube or fps drops from another music program i hope this comment was useful and or explains why i said no -sincerly Goat
I can't bother any less about the people who can't a game and music play program at the same time. The biggest part of the community has a decent pc. And if you just really can't run that program too without an unbearable lag you can also play music from sources beside your computer. 

You don't have a soundless map unless you want a soundless map. (Remember, you can play your own music..)

Your arguments have been proved invalid,

-Sincerely Heist
Heist
Heist

Back to top Go down

Post by Goat Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Heist wrote:
Goat wrote:if people want to listen to there own music they can just turn the sound down in settings.if you remove the music from the maps you have a soundless map which is boring in my opinion and what about those people who cant listen to music and play the game at the same time they might get lag from youtube or fps drops from another music program i hope this comment was useful and or explains why i said no -sincerly Goat
I can't bother any less about the people who can't a game and music play program at the same time. The biggest part of the community has a decent pc. And if you just really can't run that program too without an unbearable lag you can also play music from sources beside your computer. 

You don't have a soundless map unless you want a soundless map. (Remember, you can play your own music..)

-Sincerely Heist

My pc cant handle running cod4 imagine what it would be like running another program aswell and i know not everyones pc is great or pro like yours, so it would be a better idea leaving the music as it is and like i said if u do not like the music you can simply turn it down in settings instead of removing it because you dont like having it in and saying you dont care about people who dont have pro elite gaming pcs or laptops.my arguments have not been proven invalid to me this post is just a sugestion and im giving my opinion on the subject
Goat
Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Heist Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Goat wrote:
Heist wrote:

-Sincerely Heist

My pc cant handle running cod4 imagine what it would be like running another program aswell and i know not everyones pc is great or pro like yours, so it would be a better idea leaving the music as it is and like i said if u do not like the music you can simply turn it down in settings instead of removing it because you dont like having it in and saying you dont care about people who dont have pro elite gaming pcs or laptops.my arguments have not been proven invalid to me this post is just a sugestion and im giving my opinion on the subject

You don't need a pro, elite, great pc for running another program besides CoD4.
I'm doing nothing more than giving my opinion, you give you opinion by the use of arguments. :facepalm:

As I said you can play music from other devices too.

"You can turn down the volume in settings"
I'm assuming you're talking about Master Sound, if you turn that down the entire game sound goes down too, which is quite boring in my opinion.

Also I didn't used the word elite or pro, I said decent.
A decent pc can run 2 programs at the same time.
My mac/pc (shut up fanboys) isn't pro at all. Hello no, I have 8 gigs of ram and an i7 dual or quad-core can't remember. That's the standard nowadays, IMO.
Heist
Heist

Back to top Go down

Post by Goat Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Heist wrote:
Goat wrote:
Heist wrote:

-Sincerely Heist

I'm doing nothing more than giving my opinion, you give you opinion by the use of arguments. :facepalm:

I'm assuming you're talking about Master Sound, if you turn that down the entire game sound goes down too, which is quite boring in my opinion.

My mac/pc (shut up fanboys) isn't pro at all. Hello no, I have 8 gigs of ram and an i7 dual or quad-core can't remember. That's the standard nowadays, IMO.
i am not giving my opinion by the use of arguments so u can :facepalm: all you like
i am simply sugesting leaving the mod as it is is better then removing the music .iwds
Goat
Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Heist Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Goat wrote:
Heist wrote:
Goat wrote:
Heist wrote:

-Sincerely Heist

i am not giving my opinion by the use of arguments so u can :facepalm: all you like
i am simply sugesting leaving the mod as it is is better then removing the music .iwds

There is no need to get mad here, if you can't handle a simple discussion don't participate.

That's quite the entire point, I want to know why you are suggesting to leave the mod as it is by the use of >arguments<
Why would it be better?
I responded to all your posts before with a why to do this and why to not do this.
It would be great if you did the same.
Heist
Heist

Back to top Go down

Post by Goat Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Heist wrote:
Goat wrote:
Heist wrote:
Goat wrote:
Heist wrote:

-Sincerely Heist

I'm doing nothing more than giving my opinion, you give you opinion by the use of arguments. 🤦

i am not giving my opinion by the use of arguments so u can 🤦 all you like

There is no need to get mad here, if you can't handle a simple discussion don't participate.

That's quite the entire point, I want to know why you are suggesting to leave the mod as it is by the use of >arguments<
Why would it be better?
I responded to all your posts before with a why to do this and why to not do this.
It would be great if you did the same
I am not mad first of all Smile
i can handle a simple discussion thats what i am trying to have here i am sugesting to leave the maps as they are because they are fine the way they are its a simple sugestion if you want to have an argument over this you can try somebody else, i think the maps should be left the way they are there is no need to remove music that is my opinion on your sugestion i think this covers why i do not want to do this and my previous post says my pc cannot handle running cod4 and another program at the same time and alot of players might not have good laptops or pcs so they might have the same problem as me so leaving the music in benefits them if you do not like the music on a map you can turn the music down in master volume as you said and play your own music there is no need to remove the music completely. also these large replies are very annoying to me and i do not want to start an argument with you over a topic
so can we leave it at you agree and i disagree ?.
Goat
Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 pm

Goat, you need to use some punctuation mate. Smile

Frantic

Registration date : 2013-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Heist Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:45 am

FrantiC, I didn't hear your opinion about this.. Sad
Heist
Heist

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:28 am

I really don't care that much. I wouldn't mind removing the music from most maps, but then again, som people actually like it. So I'm pretty indifferent on the matter.

Frantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Heist Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:16 pm

Well, the poll has spoken, the music stays as it is.
This topic is locked from now.
Heist
Heist

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Actually, there's more ppl that wanted the music gone. You have two options that says remove all/most music. Smile

Frantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunciboy Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Frantic wrote:Actually, there's more ppl that wanted the music gone. You have two options that says remove all/most music. Smile
Nope 2 other answers the one has partitial and the other has full no music.
Secondly people complain about not hearing music if I remove the music we will lose users. I'm just keeping the maps original. We haven't have mismatch errors in 2- 3 weeks already i'm not willing to risk creating one by removing music.
Dunciboy
Dunciboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down