Sync' - Synced
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Moving everything to reddit!
Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 12:51 am by Dunciboy

» Got my driver license!
Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 6:47 pm by Heist

» When do I get my VIP?
Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 4:36 pm by Suroks

» Happy new year
Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 11:31 pm by Hade$ :3

» Admin clean up
Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:02 pm by Dunciboy

» Zombie server updated
Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 4:00 pm by Dunciboy

» Deathrun Map:mp_Deathrun_water
Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 9:12 pm by Ali Sajjad

» Searching active admins for zombie server
Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 11:13 pm by Suroks

» CS:GO Zombie Escape server ready for public
Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 11:28 pm by Dunciboy

Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide

Go down

Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide Empty Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide

Post by Phill580 Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Hello All, Welcome to my very own guide on how to get your PC ready to Map! This Will be Very Straight Forward and will explain the following Below:

• Requirements
  • Downloads
  • Programs Within COD4 Mapping Tools
  • Installation

Requirements:

First of all you need to know that the Mapping Tools for COD4 will require some power to correctly Run. So having a Multi core Processor Should be a MUST, as for everything else it should not matter too much. Smile

The Tools itself is about 1.2 GB in size (700 MB Compressed when downloaded)

Compatibility/Admin Mode is a very useful option to have (Some Computers do not like COD4 Mapping Tools and will make errors and random crashes within the map editor) < If you have this problem then i suggest you use Administrator Mode/Compatibility Mode on the program, to do so simple right click the program and select "run as administrator"

That is about it for requirements... oh and of course  you need Call of Duty 4 Wink

Download Location:

Here is the Download Location for "Mapping Tools 1.0"

Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Tools 1.0

There is also a 1.1 Patch which i highly recommend you download (Fixes a few map editor Bugs)

1.1 Patch

Download both of these above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Programs Within the Tool:

1. COD4 Radiant - The Main Mapping Tool
  2. COD4CompileTools - Basically a menu For the mapping tools
  3. COD4EffectsEd - Used to make or Edit COD4 Effects
  4. Assest_Manager - Used to import/edit the assests for COD4
  5. Mod Builder - Builds Mods - Really Bad and Breaks Half the Time (Don't Use It Razz)

P.S - I Will Make Small Tutorials for these Programs Smile

Installation:

Now once you have downloaded both files you will need to follow these steps very carefully below:

1. Open The 1.0 File and Copy Everything from there to your Call of Duty 4 Folder (For Steam Users Check the Steamapps Folder and find your game files there) For Normal Version It Should Be this Path - C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare , (it may asked you to replace some items so do that, if you feel uncomfortable i suggest you back them up)  Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide Cod4ro10
  2. Once that is complete you can now install patch 1.1, to simply do this open the download and open the folder "bin" there will be 2 exe files inside, all you need to do is put them in the "bin" folder on your call of duty files (will ask to replace old ones say yes) and your done! call of duty mapping tools has been installed!
  3. Now to open the call of duty 4 mapping tools menu goto the "bin" folder then the "CoD4CompileTools" and run "CoD4CompileTools.exe"
  4. Additional Info: When you open this and goto the preferences tab, you can browse to where your call of duty folder is if you ever move it! Call Of Duty 4 Mapping Setup Guide Browse10

And You Are Done! Call of Duty 4 Mapping Tools are installed!!!

Hope you got it working Smile, (If you have Trouble and need help simply make a Incident Request in the "Mapping Support" Section" and Call your Post "INC001 -  "Problem Summary Here" If you are not a retard then you will know not to make the same INC number as someone else Very Happy so watch out for that.

There will be more Tutorials Within the Scripting and Editing Sections Smile See you soon!!

Last edited by Phill580 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made Sticky)
Phill580
Phill580

Registration date : 2013-07-10

Back to top Go down